Devlin Parkinson has a long history of representing state, county, and local governmental entities, officials and employees throughout South Carolina. We are also able to provide advice to private individuals with politically sensitive or governmental needs. The firm frequently serves as counsel for law enforcement entities and employees, as well as attorneys and medical professionals employed by the government.
Our lawyers frequently handle cases arising under the South Carolina Tort Claims Act, the Federal Tort Claims Act, and the Civil Rights Act (42 U.S.C. § 1983). We also provide proactive counsel for deflecting potential claims, contract proposals and review, and general advice for community planning issues.
- Insurance Reserve Fund of South Carolina
- South Carolina Department of Transportation
- South Carolina Department of Corrections
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- South Carolina Office of Regulatory Staff
- South Carolina Department of Social Services
- South Carolina Department of Mental Health
- Greenville County
- Spartanburg County
- Anderson County
- Oconee County
- City of Greenville
- Greenville County Soil and Water District
- Rabon Creek Watershed Conservation District